- 1 pound of penne pasta
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- olive oil
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cuip of chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup of chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
Boil pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of water and set aside.
In a large skillet heat olive oil, the melt iin butter. Add carrots, bell pepper, garlic, olives, and green onions, simmer for 10 minutes to mix flavors. Add pasta, lime juice and reserved water and simmer for about 10 mintes. Toss in cheese and serve.